If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (360) 683-0773

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Do you have rental Insurance?

8/11/2023 (Permalink)

Water damage can be extremely stressful to deal with, especially when the home is owned by you. So, what should you do if water damage occurs to the property you’re renting? Well, there are a few steps to take:

  1. If water damage is occurring, you should shut off the water as soon as possible. Be prepared by asking where the water shut off is located.
  2. Do your best to soak up any standing water, with a shop vac or towels.
  3. Report it to your landlord as soon as you can and let them know they should consider having a Mitigation company out to assist 
  4. If any of your personal property was affected, consider filing an insurance claim for your belongings. These are not covered by the homeowners policy.

We hope this helps guide you through a stressful and confusing time. Our team at SERVPRO of Clallam and Jefferson CO. can help assist with the cleaning, dry out and even your content damaged by the water damage in your home, just give us a call at 360-683-0773.

Other News

View Recent Posts